Monday, March 8, 2010

Jump for Joy

Are they jumping for joy?  They were definitely having a great time.  This is an image I shot when I was working at my first job out of college, for a little black-and-white weekly newspaper.  Besides covering assignments, I was always on the lookout for anyone out doing anything that might make a cool picture.  This was both exciting and stressful.  Some days I just couldn't find anything.  So when I saw these kids on their trampoline, I was thrilled.  After asking their mom if it was okay to take their picture, I hung out while the kids did their thing.  It's one of my favorite images from my 'newspaper years.'    
There are many great photos on this theme at iheartfaces.com - check them out!



9 comments:

Pol said...

Wow! I am speechless! Perfect timing

Kim Chodorowski said...

Super cool!!! This is a fantastic shot :)

Monica said...

That's so awesome that you got both kids in the same shot! What a great picture!!

Erica Shurter said...

Awesome!

Heather said...

oh this is just AWESOME!!!!!!

Yolanda said...

Amazing motion. Congrats on making the Top 10!

tangie said...

Congratulations!! This is a fabulous shot!!

Unknown said...

oh this is absolutely perfect! I cant believe the timing! :-) Love it - and congrats!

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Cute! They do look like they're having a blast! Congrats!